Saturday 16 December 2006

Pete Willow's US tour

Archive 3rd October 2006

Message from Pete...

I'm safely back in Britain after my September tour of Nevada and Central California - not a musical tour but a chance to meet my new inlaws! Chele and I headed for Carson City near Reno and then visited the Wild West of Virginia City, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Santa Cruz and Los Gatos, near San Jose, before heading back to Chele's previous home town (before she decided to move to Brinklow) - Las Vegas.

Two weeks was a long time to be separated from my guitar. I wasn't able to fix up any appearances for the Sods in Vegas but I did get to play music for a whole afternoon when Chele's brother Rob turned up with a couple of guitars.


Rob is a very talented, semi-pro singer-songwriter with a great guitar technique and a super voice, reminiscent of Neil Young. He showed up at Los Gatos with a Martin and Takamine guitar and very kindly let me play the Martin! We had a fantastic time, sitting in the porch of the motel room and running through our respective repertoires. You should have heard Rob's improvisations for Waiting For The Rain - wish we'd recorded it!

That evening saw us giving an impromptu concert to friends and family - and yes, we did get Chele to sing Summertime and Wayfaring Stranger! Sounded fantastic. I will keep nagging her to sing more in public here in the UK.

No comments: